Hello Marvista Families,
This week all students participated in class meetings where teachers reviewed important information related to bullying. While our school discipline data is dramatically improved over the last several years and students are reporting through surveys that they feel safe on campus, this is a topic that we will never be done teaching our students.
The in-class lessons addressed a variety of topics including:
- Differentiating between bullying and a conflict
- Ways to report and refuse bullying
- The role of the Bystander in addressing bullying
- The District’s Acceptable Use Policy for Internet and Technology access at school
- Consequences for bullying
We hope you will continue this important conversation at home with your children. When they know you and our staff are on the same page with expectations related to bullying, it increases the likelihood that they will make smart choices!