Heroes Around Me
The Reflections Program is a National PTA and a Washington State PTA cultural arts competition. This program is an opportunity for students to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works, created around a specific theme.
Students can enter works in any of the following art categories. Only original works of art created by the artist working alone for the 2018-2019 theme are accepted. Entry Form
- Literature – works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories and lyrics.
- Music Composition – original musical composition, with or without words.
- Photography: color or black and white, included techniques: photogram, negative sandwich,
and multiple exposure.
- Visual Arts: drawing, painting in tempera, oil, acrylic, watercolor & t-shirt paints, computer generated art, two-dimensional collage, printmaking, needlework & leather tooling.
- Film/Video: original works, with or without sound, of animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or music video/film.
- Choreography/Dance: originally choreographed dance composition.
For examples of previous year’s state award winners, visit the Washington state PTA Reflections gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/118226724@N05/