“What is Your Story?”
The Reflections Program is a National PTA and a Washington State PTA cultural arts competition. This program is an opportunity for students to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works, created around a specific theme. Think about the 2016-17 theme: What Is Your Story? We want to know who you are and how you see the world around you.
Students can enter works in any of the following art categories. Only original works of art created by the artist working alone for the 2016-2017 theme are accepted.
- Dance Choreography – create original choreographed dance and perform it on video.
- Film Production – fiction or nonfiction video created as animation, a narrative, documentary, experimental, or music video
- Literature – works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories, and lyrics.
- Music Composition – original musical composition, with or without lyrics.
- Photography – prints up to 11″x14″ in color or black and white, including techniques of photogram, retouched, montage, sandwich, and multiple exposures.
- Visual Arts – prints, drawings, paintings, collages, photographic collages, metal etching, fiber works and computer generated art. Works of art must be flat and must not exceed more than 3/8″ thickness. Artwork may not exceed 24″x30″ including matting.
SIMPLE ENTRY FORM
For examples of last year’s state award winners, visit the Washington state PTA Reflections gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/118226724@N05/
Please Contact Courtney Fix with questions!