This summer, we will launch two new districtwide tools—a new student information system and a new notification system.
- Synergy will replace illuminate, our current student information system
- SchoolMessenger will replace Blackboard, our current notification system
These two tools are highly integrated. The new integrated system gives us more and better features at significant cost savings.
Here are some of the features of the new tools:
- Master schedule builder
- Teacher portal with gradebook and mobile app
- Parent portal and mobile app
- Student portal and mobile app
- Online student registration
- Robocalls, mass email notifications, mass text message notifications
In October, we learned illuminate would no longer offer its product in Washington starting next school year. After investigating options and learning from other districts, we identified Synergy/SchoolMessenger as the winning combination.
As with any change, this means additional work for staff as we all learn how to use the new tools. The Tech Services and Communications teams appreciate your partnership, and we will be here to support you all the way! We are confident these new platforms will be easier to use and save us time once they are up and running.
The new systems will be in place for next fall. We will share more information, including a timeline and training schedule, in the coming months.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or ext 3333.