The Reflections Program is a National PTA and a Washington State PTA cultural arts competition. This program is an opportunity for students to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works, created around a specific theme. Last year’s theme was “The world would be a better place if…” and students chose how to express that in their artwork. Students can enter works in any of the following art categories. Only original works of art created by the artist working alone for the 2014-2015 theme are accepted.
- Dance Choreography – create original choreographed dance and perform it on video.
- Film Production – fiction or nonfiction video created as animation, a narrative, documentary, experimental, or music video
- Literature – works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories, and lyrics.
- Music Composition – original musical composition, with or without lyrics.
- Photography – prints up to 11″x14″ in color or black and white, including techniques of photogram, retouched, montage, sandwich, and multiple exposures.
- Visual Arts – prints, drawings, paintings, collages, photographic collages, metal etching, fiber works and computer generated art. Works of art must be flat and must not exceed more than 3/8″ thickness. Artwork may not exceed 24″x30″ including matting.
Submission deadline: Thursday, November 13th
For examples of last year’s state award winners, visit the Washington state PTA Reflections gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/118226724@N05/
Courtney Fix – Courtney.email@example.com